Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Ugly Truth or The Beautiful Lies?

If you were to choose from seeing, knowing the ugly truth or the beautiful lies; which would you choose? Of course most would say the truth since it's the truth. But are you strong enough, can't you really accept the truth for as long as I'm concerned, the truth ain't beautiful; it's ugly. Sometimes so ugly that you wish you didn't know. But if you were to choose the beautiful lies, of course everything would be peachy and cherry but you'd be living in ignorance; not knowing better. But you won't get hurt because everything is all nice and kind to you. Ignorance is bliss. So, which one would you rather have is the real question...

  I used to think that knowing the ugly truth is important but sometimes it doesn't hurt to be lost in the beautiful lies. But recently, after some certain incident ( I would rather not say) I think I've kinda change what I think about this whole think. The so called incident; I was so happy and all peachy about the beautiful lies and damn, I was happy. But then I knew the ugly truth and it just ripped everything out; it was mind blowing. And I was left with shock and I refused to believe but then when the realization sank; everything made sense. And that was when the beautiful lies unfolded itself into the ugly truth.

  I felt betrayed and for those who know me well, I can tolerate almost anything but BETRAYAL. Betray me and God know I could never look at that person's face again. Instead of hating them; I feel nothing towards them. After all the opposite of love is not hatred; but indifference. I've been betrayed a lot and I've hurt a lot. And just when I thought I know how to see through lies; I was informed that I'm not. Fine, I learn from my mistakes.

   So what if you've seen the ugly truth and you don't like it? You'll learn to accept it even you hate it, even you can't cope with it; you'll learn to just accept it for it's the truth no matter how much you try to deny. And I've realized that you should be grateful that you've seen the ugly truth; for now you've known albeit you don't like it. Let's think of a person as an example. There's this person who's so nice and kind to you that made you feel they really care, that made you feel appreciated. And there's this person who most of the time is annoying and almost a jerk but nice and kind when you really need it (which is very rare). This is the simplest example of the beautiful lies and the ugly truth. Which would you rather pick? If you were actually to be with this person.

Turned out, the nice person is the beautiful lies (duh?) and the jerk is the ugly truth. But if you don't know that the nice person is really a jerk, a pretender, you wouldn't see through the lies and you will keep thinking that the pretender is nicer than the sorta kind jerk. But when you knew that the person was really a pretender, you would so appreciated the jerk for being the sorta kind jerk because you know that's the real them; that's the ugly truth though you don't like it, it's the damn whole truth.

I thought people could change for the better for someone. It's hard but if you put your mind to it, it can be done. But now I've realized; people can BARELY change who they are because that's the truth, ugly as it is. And if a person really cares for you, they won't expect you to change for the better, they won't ask you to be someone else. Instead they would accept you for who you are, regardless how the ugly the truth is.

No comments:

Post a Comment