Friday, January 8, 2010

Me and Myself.....

 No one's perfect. We all know that but we don't really know our own imperfections or our own traits that people find annoying or hard to deal with. Is it ever possible to look at yourself objectively and list down all your charm points, annoying trait and bad habit? Some people might be too harsh on themself and some might be too lenient... I guess it's possible up to an extent but we can't never see ourself as the people around us sees us. It's physically and mentally impossible... So, what do to if you want to improve yourself and changed some bad habits or annoying traits? Probably as a new year resolution?

The traditional solution: ask the people around you; the people close to you. The problem: they would probably tell you the truth but not the WHOLE truth. Because they're afraid they might hurt your feeling. And they're right. No matter how much you say "I want your honest opinion. I won't be mad at all"; you will be hurt or at least thinking "Do I really do that?" or "Am I that bad?". So, better not put them and yourself in that situation.


  Ok, here me trying to look at me and my personality objectively. Feel free to add but I don't guarantee I wouldn't give you the "I didn't know that's how you're thinking of me.." kinda look. Kidding... No... Kidding.. No.. I don't know; you decide.. =D

  One, I'm a very moody person and the world have to move according to my mood.  To the people around me; be happy when I am and leave me alone when I'm not in the mood. And my mood swing gets worst with PMS (pre and post). Solution; currently working to smile even when I don't feel like it and be patient with the craziness and the pressure around me -----> Working very hard on it... (priority)

 Two, stubborn. (very?) If things's don't go my way, I'm outta the way. But I think I'm able to accept opinion and critics, maybe not at the moment but after a few days or hours of thinking (usually after a good night sleep). Solution; be more patient and always maintains a cool and calm manner ------> On it.

  Three, selfish/ self-centered? Someone said this right to my face. But I wasn't upset since I am a bit selfish and self-centered with someone I'm comfortable enough to be with. Solution; Be such only with certain people------> Solved.

  Fourth, a person I hate is a person I hate, for a long long long time. Up until now, not one person that I've learned to hate managed to make me like them again; no matter what they do. NEVER. Solution; don't make me hate you------> Solved

  Fifth, let-the- 'future me'- handle it- way of thinking. Bad... Very bad. I like to live in the present; the past is done;the future is yet to come. Solution; think about the future (be futuristic?) and plans ahead -------> Trying.

  Sixth, running away from problems (hate confrontation). I think I develop this trait since I came to Japan. Before, I like confrontation; I used to think is as a place to see how fast your brain and your mouth can keep up with the fight. Extreme right?  Now, say no to confrontation! I run away from problems until I can't run no more; usually when the problem caught up with me. Solution; get hold of the old me but not too extreme------> Thinking about it

  Seventh, my pride is high. It doesn't usually show but I know it's there; secretly lurking inside of me. Sometimes, it's the only thing that keeps me going when I'm at my lowest. Solution; no need for one? ------> Solved for the time being..

  There, I managed to list seven of my weakness. Though I think there are worst things that I might not realize or in denial to realize. Feel free to add; seriously. I really think I can handle it; I think so. =D

2 comments:

  1. hahahaaa...i gotta say...pretty impresive...u nail it!!=p
    point 2=very very...=p
    point 3=who doesnt?so never mind tat..
    point 4=incorrect solution..u gotta learn to forgive man..hatred is a curved blade,and the harms we do,we do to ourselves...learn to let go..~~~^^y
    ponit 5 & 6=yup!!running away is never d solution...reality sucks sometimes bt da sooner u face it the better... gud luck..^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know how sometimes we're juz too bz and too stressed up that the 'real' us came out of nowhere =_= not sure bout da learn 2 forgive part; i'll think bout it. nway, trying my best~~ thanx 4 da comment; it means a lot 2 me!!! love ya~~

    ReplyDelete